For the first time in public, Tim and I heard the announcement today from Amit Kumar, director of product management at Yahoo search. I shot the whole announcement in video and will post this later. But for now here is the short list of this huge announcement and the improvements:
- Listings will be vastly enhanced, site owners will have much more control with a new user gallery, buttons, functionality, etc.
- You can provide structural data such as user reviews and ratings, "buy this", address, prices of product, send links to a friend, to a phone, categorize listings with "smart answers" to increase relevance.
- Add video, company logo, images, music and more.
- "favicon" with one simple uninterrupted click
- Listings can function as a "mini site" for search engine results in organic listings, very powerful
If you look at the picture I took today, you can see what I mean from the bullet points. More to come later!!